[ddbg] Catching exceptions

Jascha Wetzel firstname at mainia.de
Fri Nov 30 10:10:54 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I'm having trouble debugging a DFL program because DFL wraps its main
> loop in a try/catch that puts up a error dialog.  If I hit continue on
> the dialog it just pops back up again.  If I hit cancel on it a fall
> back to the ddbg prompt, but 'us' gives nothing.
>
> I asked about it on the DFL forum and Chris said that he hasn't any
> trouble debugging using WinDbg because of that.
>
> So could this be a problem with how ddbg handles exceptions that occur
> in the debugee?
>
> --bb

i think that problem was reported before and i just fixed it. ddbg used
to *handle* exceptions, now it only intercepts them and causes the win32
exception handling mechanism to look for another handler if you continue
the debuggee.
i'm working on finishing the 0.11 atm, so it shouldn't be too long until
i can release it.