What's the proper way to debug D programs with GDB?

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Fri Mar 19 15:06:04 PDT 2010

On 19/03/10 21:37, grauzone wrote:
> Wow, good work...

Thanks :) Took a while, but I got there.

> If I compile it with dmd -gc test.d, start gdb (version "7.0.1-debian"),
> and type "break _Dmain", I just get "Dwarf Error: Cannot find DIE at 0x0
> referenced from DIE at 0x46 [in module /tmp/test]".
>
> This is with dmd v1.055 without gdb patches (but some other custom
> patches, though I think none should affect the debugging infos).

I'm using dmd v2.040 with the gdb patches (gdb 6.8), which could explain
the difference in error messages. I might have to give it a shot, as
that error message looks far more useful than what I'm getting out of
6.8. I'll keep playing for a bit, and if I don't start getting somewhere
I'll try it :)