Visual D no bp's on x64

Mike B Johnson via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 11:25:44 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 17:43:20 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 18.06.2017 16:50, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 18.06.2017 16:17, Mike B Johnson wrote:
>>> So, there is some issue with x64 and visual d's debugging in
>>> visual studio. That is the only file in the project. If it
>>> works on your system, keep trying until it doesn't!
>>
>> As you expected, its not simple to reproduce. I have not
>> managed to do so.
>>
>> Could you specify a few more details:
>>
>> - Visual D version?
>> - VS version?
>> - Which Configuration selected?
>> - dmd version?
>> - ldc version (in case you switched to "LDC Debug")?
>> - selected debug engine?
>>
>> Slightly unrelated, but one thing that often bothers me: if
>> you open the project configuration dialog, VS doesn't always
>> show the current configuration (but the last edited one), so
>> you edit options that don't seem to have any effect.
>
> I could produce an issue when starting the mago debugger for
> the first time after firing up VS2015: it showed an error,
> though, instead of not doing anything at all. Maybe it's a
> different effect of the same problem. I have added a work
> around that fixes it for me:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/5a92e21e7hxgty4b/artifacts
>
> BTW: the output window should show whether symbols for your
> application have been loaded. If not, you get the behavior that
> you reported.

Didn't work ;/

All I get on the output wndow is

"
C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll unloaded.
The thread 0x1ea4 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The thread 0x1390 has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The thread 0x1ac has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
The program '[492] Async.exe' has exited with code -1
(0xffffffff).
"