Visual D no bp's on x64

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-debugger digitalmars-d-debugger at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 10:43:20 PDT 2017

On 18.06.2017 16:50, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 18.06.2017 16:17, Mike B Johnson wrote:
>> So, there is some issue with x64 and visual d's debugging in visual
>> studio. That is the only file in the project. If it works on your
>> system, keep trying until it doesn't!
>
> As you expected, its not simple to reproduce. I have not managed to do so.
>
> Could you specify a few more details:
>
> - Visual D version?
> - VS version?
> - Which Configuration selected?
> - dmd version?
> - ldc version (in case you switched to "LDC Debug")?
> - selected debug engine?
>
> Slightly unrelated, but one thing that often bothers me: if you open the
> project configuration dialog, VS doesn't always show the current
> configuration (but the last edited one), so you edit options that don't
> seem to have any effect.

I could produce an issue when starting the mago debugger for the first
time after firing up VS2015: it showed an error, though, instead of not
doing anything at all. Maybe it's a different effect of the same
problem. I have added a work around that fixes it for me:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/5a92e21e7hxgty4b/artifacts

BTW: the output window should show whether symbols for your application
have been loaded. If not, you get the behavior that you reported.