FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Aug 7 10:18:18 PDT 2006

clayasaurus wrote:

>>> And there are some Makefiles snippets in wxD, if you want to make
>>> application bundles - rather than play around with resource forks.
>>
>> Thanks. I have not spent any time whatsoever on Makefiles. Hoping that
>> someone who is smarter than myself can do a Makefile that would work
>> on all platforms.
>
> Have you checked out build? http://www.dsource.org/projects/build

It's not so much the tool used (Make vs. Build), as it is two ways
of packaging software for the inheritely "dual" Mac OS X platform.

You can either do it the Mac OS way (with resources), or you can
do it the NeXT way (with bundles), the system supports both ways.

I wrote in some more detail about it on the CodeBlocks wiki:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Mac_OS_X#Bundle_application_for_Mac

You need to do either, after compiling a binary/exe ("as usual").
Otherwise applications will launch in the background, no events.

--anders