window menu drawing different in D and in VC++/MinGW

Serg Kovrov kovrov at no.spam
Mon Aug 21 18:38:57 PDT 2006

Greetings everybody,

I have ported extremely simple win32 gui example (one of catch22.net
tutorials), and run into strange problem - when built with D, program
drawing routine behaves slightly different from original. regardless
that code almost identical. I suppose it is related to non-client
drawing of frame window.

Please see screenshots:

This is how it should look (and actually do look so when built with VC++
or MinGW):
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neatpad01agi8.png

and this one built with D - notice small 1px trashed area under menu:
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neatpad01md7.png

Seems window menu bar do not fill entire area, it should do. But I can't
understand why - This is not ownerdrawn menu, I'm do not have any
control on how it draws.

I could accept that this yet another problem I should solve, but why it
manifest itself only when built with D?

Again - I ported code from C++ to D with minimal changes required, all
drawing routines are identical with original.

source code attached. (I have to use 7zip to fit)

Thanks
--
serg.