window menu drawing different in D and in VC++/MinGW

kris foo at bar.com
Mon Aug 21 18:54:03 PDT 2006

Serg Kovrov wrote:
> Greetings everybody,
>
> I have ported extremely simple win32 gui example (one of catch22.net
> tutorials), and run into strange problem - when built with D, program
> drawing routine behaves slightly different from original. regardless
> that code almost identical. I suppose it is related to non-client
> drawing of frame window.
>
> Please see screenshots:
>
> This is how it should look (and actually do look so when built with VC++
> or MinGW):
> http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neatpad01agi8.png
>
> and this one built with D - notice small 1px trashed area under menu:
> http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neatpad01md7.png
>
> Seems window menu bar do not fill entire area, it should do. But I can't
> understand why - This is not ownerdrawn menu, I'm do not have any
> control on how it draws.
>
> I could accept that this yet another problem I should solve, but why it
> manifest itself only when built with D?
>
> Again - I ported code from C++ to D with minimal changes required, all
> drawing routines are identical with original.
>
> source code attached. (I have to use 7zip to fit)
>
> Thanks

IIRC that's related to a Win32 version identifier in the executable?
Build.exe has a flag for changing that, and there's some way of creating
a .def file for executables build with dmd also (some details in the
online dmd doc).

Try using google to search digitalmars.com? I know there was a thread on
this at one point. Sorry I don't have more detail to hand.