FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Fri Jul 21 15:08:10 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:

> A potential drawback would be if the GPL licensing wouldn't allow for
> something like a 3rd party RAD tool to distribute FLTK with it, without
> also distributing the application source (but I don't know, I'm not a
> lawyer).

Anyone have experience / knowledge on this? The FLTK license is here:

http://fltk.org/COPYING.php

Actually, after looking over that my concern above isn't valid (right?
anyone, anyone <g>). Reason: The RAD tool would just be writing out code
that imported the FLTK modules and then statically link the app. to the
FLTK lib. The RAD tool itself would not be using modified FLTK code so
the tool source code would not need to be GPL'd (but of course FLTK
itself would still be distributed w/ the tool). Cool.