next version of DWT?

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:52:37 PDT 2007

Marcin Kuszczak schrieb:
> Just a few additional remarks and wishes for future DMD implementations:
>
> 1. With templates there is one drawback: as I know template methods can not
> be virtual. Maybe they could be in future?

This is a problem for the automated generation of these helper methods,
they must be available in interface and certainly they need to be virtual.

I personally don't like to write getValue!(char)() to define the return
type. If the return type is Control[], the ported method looks like this:

JArrayJObject getControls();

The D help method has return type Control[]
Control[]     getControls(); // conflict

IMHO, this template solution is not complete.