DWT-Win gentle remarks

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:30:00 PST 2008

Bjoern wrote:
> 1) I hope that the usergdi etc. modifications will be merged into Tango.

We don't know how or if that will happen yet. But we definitely need to
fix that somehow.  Having the directory structure that we have currently
is suboptimal.

> 2) Using the latest dwt snapshot requires opengl32.lib. Please add this
> file to the lib. download

Right...I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. It also requires
glu32.lib as well.

> 3)Do you see a chance that DWT-X will be bundled with Tango to ease
> installation ?
>
> Bjoern

I have no idea.  But I'm  not sure if it should.  This is a fairly large
library and adding all dwt platforms to the tango distribution would
severely bloat the download.  I think it will be important to package
dwt-win and dwt-linux in an easy-to-install format, however.

One option I'm thinking about is a sort of dsss package (making it easy
to install like dsss net install).  All you should have to do is
download the latest stable release of dwt (packaged something like
DD-dwt-win-vXX.zip) and install the package locally with something like
"dsss install DD-dwt-win-vXX.zip" which would install the *.di files and
library.  This would make for simple integration of the package into
IDE's and such.  But currently dsss does not have this feature... would
be kind of nice, though. ;)

-JJR