Another dwt-win / dmd / dsss build problem

Bjoern nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 14 06:45:24 PST 2008

John Reimer schrieb:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> Most of this pain of mine would have been avoided if there were
>>> working dsss.conf files included with the dwt-samples project.
>>
>> And now I see that there is a dsss.conf at the top-level that covers
>> all the subprojects.  Dangit!
>>
>> --bb
>

> I was confused as to why you were using your own dsss.conf... But,
> anyway, glad you figured it out.
>
> Now I recall I had the same problem with dsss and forward slashes.  The
> strange thing is that dsss reads forward slashes in the dsss.conf file
> but not on the command line :P.  This is an example of why
> troubleshooting gets confusing with the problems layered from several
> technologies. I wish it were easier.
>
> About the images in the buttons... Are they missing on yours too?  Are
> you using Windows XP?  I haven't been able to track down the problem on
> that yet.  It was working for me a few revisions ago, but not now.  I
> guess I'll add a ticket.
>
> -JJR

Pretty confusing

I don't know why but modifying  sc.ini  does the job for me:

DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\import;%@P%\..\import\dwt-win" -version=Tango
-defaultlib=tango-base-dmd.lib -debuglib=tango-base-dmd.lib
-L+tango-user-dmd.lib

my win xp directory structure :
dmd/import/tango
dmd/import/dwt-win

I use hg within these (adequate) directories.

I can also imagine that Bill is using Tango + Tangobos. Means probabely
this causes the problem.

However, I am not a dsss fan and I am actually in contact with some
OCaml folks in order to teach OMake D imports. Not a solution for
everyone, of course.
Bjoern