Another dwt-win / dmd / dsss build problem

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:22:34 PST 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:

>> About the images in the buttons... Are they missing on yours too?  Are
>> you using Windows XP?  I haven't been able to track down the problem
>> on that yet.  It was working for me a few revisions ago, but not now.
>> I guess I'll add a ticket.
>
> Yep.  WinXP.  Images missing on the buttons, and toolbars.

I found the problem, but not the solution... yet.

The Activation Context API was used to add XP theme support to dwt
recently. This fix however appears to be incomplete.  It activates the
XP theme but apparently the images are still deactivated.

For now, the images will only appear if you have a manifest file like
controlexample.exe.manifest in the same directory as the executable.
The Activation Context fix was supposed to fix this too, but apparently
it is inadequate at the moment.  We will have to look into why this is so.

So, as a temporary solution, here is the controlexample.exe.manifest
(attached) file from the old dwt project.  Put this is the same
directory as your controlexample.exe, and the images should show up.

-JJR