Well I'm progressing -slowly

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Mon Feb 18 12:31:25 PST 2008

David Wilson Wrote:

> Hi Ty,
>
> Have you got the static variants of those libraries installed? (i.e.
> libm.a)  Seems you are doing a static link using dynamic libraries..
>
> On Debian, these are found in package "libc6-dev", other distros will
> have them elsewhere.
>

> David.

Thanks David . No I have  only the .so. version. I am  intrigued by your comment that I am doing a static link using dynamic libraries . Can you expand on that please .
How would the command line change to use dynamic libraries?
Rather than do a lot of typing can you point me to a site that explains the difference ?