File /etc/rebuild/ tango-posix-dmd

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:18:35 PST 2008

Ty Tower wrote:
> Ok I removed it and the line goes like this
>
> cmd=dmd  $i -of$o
>
> Did this and the bloody thing compiled instantly
> So much for the advice here hey!
> Not worth 2 bob

The advice here is for dwt... not dsss, not tango.  If you get help with
that, bonus for you.

Concerning the phobos entry in tango-posix-dmd, earlier versions of the
compiled tango core library had to be renamed libphobos.a because of a
compiler limitation. More recent versions of the dmd compiler added a
switch that allowed one to identify a core library of a different name
with the "-defaultlib" switch.  So naming it phobos above was and still
is a valid install, as long as you have actually installed tango this way.

Furthermore, you've shown in another post that there were problems that
were completely unrelated to dwt but rather were due to faults in your
installation and system.  Throughout your many posts, you were wrong to
assume that it was the fault of this forum or of the members that were
trying to help.  Your reactions of disgust and rudeness were also wrong.
  The fact that those who responded to your posts answered so graciously
is quite amazing.

-JJR