dwt-samples: my dsss.conf changes

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:51:38 PST 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:57:48 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:

> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:36:48 -0800, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I am just getting going with dwt-linux (and with only brief experience
>>> with D and Tango). I followed all directions, but I had to make a
>>> couple of small changes to dwt-samples/dsss.conf to build completely.
>>> I had to comment out the following.
>>>
>>> # The linker error work around
>>> version(linux){
>>>     buildflags+= -L-lDD-tango-util
>>> }
>>>
>>> Is that normal?
>>>
>>> I have no libDD-tango-util on my system. I don't have
>>> DD-tango-anything. I am using Tango from SVN from a checkout
>>> yesterday. And, I get no linker errors. Is this just for older/release
>>> Tangos?
>>>
>>> Secondly, I commented out
>>> [snippets/opengl_test1.d]
>>> due to something about GLCanvas. I can regenerate the exact error if
>>> you need it. I do have OpenGL here. Able to run glxgears, compiz, and
>>> the sort.
>>>
>>> Other than that, it seems to work fine. I ran all the examples and
>>> kicked the tires, and they all seem to be inflated!
>>
>> Interesting you don't have DD-tango-util. The SVN version ie not Tango
>> Frank, has made changes to the library structure. tango-user-dmd has
>> been removed and they split the library into many DD ones. If you have
>> the latest DWT then it shouldn't be able to compile with the old Tango.
>> If you are using GDC it may be different. So I really don't have any
>> help but that has been my understanding of the situation.
>
> The DD-* libs are made by DSSS.  That's just the way DSSS does things. I
> don't think anything has changed with the tango-user-dmd.lib situation
> for the case of not using DSSS.
>
> --bb

Ahh, ok, it all makes sense now. I stated by using the Frank bundle, that
was no longer usable because dwt used svn with the changes it made. This
lead to me not getting the installs to work from the svn version, but
getting it to work with dsss. Which leads into why there is a linking
problem, with a DSSS installed tango (which won't be there otherwise).
Which means this can get really complicated. Since there was a change in
Tango I associated my new split libraries to one of the changes Tango was
making.