The Cross Plattform DWT

doob doobnet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:19:53 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> doob wrote:
>
>> Frank Benoit wrote:
>>> Sure, that would be great.
>>> I you want to start, please talk to me first.
>>> So I can prepare the sources in the same way, i did it on the rest.
>>>
>>> As said in the dwt-linux homepage, in the moment i am working on the
>>> examples.
>>> this ones: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/examples.php
>>>
>>> Frank
>> This is great news and I would be happy to help. I can help testing both
>> the linux and windows version. Any plans on an osx version?
>
> Yes, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Testing, of course, is good...
> but if you have any expertise (especially on win32)... please let us know.
>
> OS X would be great!  But it's way more than we can tackle at this point.
> But, if you (or somebody else) is interested in doing such a port, then
> Frank should be able to get you started. :)
>
> -JJR

Unfortunately I don't have any expertise. I think the snippets should be
quite easy to port. I haven't looked at source code for the examples so
I don't know about theme. As mentioned we should probably wait for the
SWT Cocoa to be finished before we start to port the osx version.

I almost forgot JFace, may I can try to port that. What I know it's only
Java and that should be easier, at lease for me.