dwt-win linking problem

torhu no at spam.invalid
Wed Jul 23 14:08:21 PDT 2008

Rakan Alhneiti wrote:
> torhu wrote:
>> Rakan Alhneiti wrote:

>>> Hello torhu,
>>> i added the all D's directories paths like dsss before the tools but
>>> still get the same error.
>>> I checked dsss and re-installed also but i am getting the same problem
>>>
>>> here is my PATH
>>> C:\d\bin;C:\d\dsss\bin;C:\d\dwt-win\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
>>> Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
>>> Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
>>> Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;
>>
>> Then there's probably no lib.exe in c:\d\bin.  Or dsss is autodetecting
>> and and making a mistake.
> I have checked, c:\d\bin does contain lib.exe
> If dsss is auto-detecting and making a mistake then it is a mistake the
> dwt installation files or dsss files because i have followed the exact
> instructions for windows installation in DWT's wiki.
> Is there a fix?

Most likely, that's not the path you're really using.  Try setting the
path to just 'C:\d\bin;C:\d\dsss\bin' and building again.  And verify
that c:\d\bin\lib.exe is really digital mars lib.exe, not MS.

If you're familiar with tools like Process Explorer or Process Monitor
(freely available at sysinternals.com), you can easily see which lib.exe
rebuild is executing.

Another way is to check dsss/rebuild's source code to see how lib.exe is
found.