dwt-win build error

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:29:34 PDT 2008

Tim Healey wrote:
> And I just solved my own problem, and here's how:
>
> The import libraries provided on the installation web page contain a
> user32.lib with the functions the linker isn't finding in it. Originally
> I only installed the libraries from that file that I didn't already
> have. However, after trying to link it with just the DMC version, just
> the dwt-win-imports version, and both together, I found that both
> versions of the library are required to complete the linking step
> without error.

Now, I'm confused why you are linking with the DMC version of these
libs?  You should only be linking with the "tango-win32-dmd.lib" (which
should be automatic when using Tango) and the import libs provided with
dwt.

> Perhaps the installation docs could be updated to inform people that the
> libs provided there are required to supplement the existing Win32
> libraries provided with DMC?

I tested this and a clarification is in order.

Implibs should be extracted to a directory of your choice.  From there
all that should be necessary is to add

-S<path to dwt-import-win32-import-libs>

to your dsss commandline.   The dmc library should not factor into this
since the only /other/ win32 library that should exist is the tango one
(which, once again, is automatically imported).

I think the instructions are clear about the -S switch being needed.
The only addition I can think of is pointing out that you should not be
using the dmc libraries?

-JJR