running DWT with DDL

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Thu May 29 07:09:16 PDT 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Hello bobef,
>
>> The last time I did that was one year ago with DWT-Shawn and DDL was
>> not usable at all. Is this still the case?
>>

> Looks like this has been done a couple of times before, but not
> necessarily with DWT.  Kris submitted the first idea to use the host app
> about 2 years ago; the tool is in ddl svn.  I guess the method didn't
> catch on... perhaps because of load times as you mention, although it's
> a clever idea. :)
>
> I haven't been able to test the example yet, so I don't know about load
> times. Frank? Tom?

When first running the app, all deps are loaded, parsed and linked
within about 3-4 sec on my laptop with centrino 1.7. When running it
again and the libs are cached by the OS, it's about 1-2 seconds. This
includes loading tango-base, tango-user, a dozen of winapi libs, the app
and the dwt lib.
I'm planning to optimize the omf backend in ddl more, so these numbers
can be expected to shrink :)

--
Tomasz Stachowiak
http://h3.team0xf.com/