is dwt alive?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jul 11 11:30:39 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-11 19.09, torhu wrote:
> On 22.06.2010 14:49, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2010-06-22 01:40, torhu wrote:
> [...]
>>> I'm considering creating at least a a temporary fork of DWT 2 on
>>> bitbucket.org. Then I can just check in some stuff and see how it turns
>>> out. It's possible that I'll have time to do some work on it this
>>> summer, but that might change quickly...
>>
>> You can see if Frank can give you access to the repository, try sending
>> him an e-mail. I know we can use some more people on this project. I
>> don't even know if I have commit access to the DWT2 repository, what I
>> do know is that I have at least access to the dwt-mac repository.
>>

> I've set up my own project on Bitbucket. I've made enough changes to
> build my DWT app on Windows, and it's works like a charm. A lot of the
> Phobos code was already there, and I've added what was needed for my
> use. Since DWT enforces that all GUI code is run in the same thread
> (usually the main thread), I didn't need to add shared and __gshared
> that many places.
>
> I had to add a lot of casts because D2 compilers are stricter about
> narrowing conversions. In some places Java's char type was kept as char,
> and not changed into wchar. I've changed the ones I came across to
> wchar, to avoid truncating code points that are outside of ASCII. Some
> conversions between char[] and wchar had to be added.
>
> The String alias is D2 string, which works just fine.
>
> http://bitbucket.org/torhus/dwt2

So this is working with D2? If that's the case then it's great news.
I've also found two other guys who want to work on DWT2 so this is
starting to look pretty promising. Are your fork windows only? Have you
looked anything on the linux port? I'll try to have a look at your
branch and see if I can merge it with the main branch.

I'm also thinking that we may need to organize our self a bit so we
don't work on the same things.

--
Jacob Carlborg