Move DWT2 repository - github or bitbucket?

torhu no at spam.invalid
Mon Aug 15 07:39:51 PDT 2011

On 15.08.2011 08:29, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-08-14 22:20, torhu wrote:
>>  On 11.08.2011 19:58, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>>  I'm planning to move the DWT2 repository to either github or bitbucket.
>>>  Which one would you prefer?
>>>

>>  Git seems to require a Unix shell to work on Windows. Which is one of
>>  the things that make me think that git and Windows is not a match made
>>  in heaven. It's a bit like having a crossplatform project that uses
>>  Microsoft's C++ extensions, and requires linux contributors to run MSVC
>>  through Wine to be able to build it. In other words, I would prefer
>>  Bitbucket.
>>
>>  But I don't expect to make big contributions, so it's not going to
>>  matter much for the project.
>
> I have been thinking the same myself. I just haven't figured out how
> much of a problem it really is.

I thought I'd give hg-git a go, I found an easy way to install it here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2360944/how-do-i-correctly-install-dulwich-to-get-hg-git-working-on-windows/6998710#6998710

I cloned one of the Phobos clones on github and played around with it a
bit.  Works great so far, everything seems to work.  Not tried to push
or check in, but I suppose it would work just fine. One of Mercurial's
strengths is really how easy Python makes it to create extensions and tools.