DWT2 now looks working on Windows (except Text widget doesn't support UTF-8)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Sep 5 11:02:46 PDT 2011

On 2011-09-05 18:28, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Hey, so why are all those snippets named by numbers? There's a bunch
> of cool snippets here: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/

Because the java files are named like that:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets

> but I can't tell whether they're already in the snippets folder in DWT
> since they're just named with numbers. I've ported a few to D, the
> porting process seems to be really simple (in fact it wouldn't be a
> bad idea to have a script to do the conversion automatically, when it
> can).

I don't know, maybe. There will always be things that the script can't
automatically translate. But you are free to create a script and if it's
good enough it can be added to the dwt repository.

> I've also tried to port a Browser snippet, but Browser seems to be a
> module that's only in the linux packages in dwt.

Yes, all browser related code have only been ported for linux. I have no
idea if it still works or not. If I recall correctly it didn't work very
well when I tried it last time.

--
/Jacob Carlborg