DWT in Google Summer of Code?

Sandeep Datta datta.sandeep at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:12:18 PST 2012

> I thing a stable GUI library is very important for D.

+1 to that. But I think using using SWT as inspiration for a GUI
library may not be the best possible choice. I would like to see
an API which uses D well. Small things like using properties
instead of getters and setters come to the mind first. I haven't
looked at the DWT source code but I suspect it may suffer from
some of the same short comings as SWT.

I have been looking for a good cross platform GUI library but the
choices available so far (Qt, wxWidgets, GTK+) all come from the
C++ world (where garbage collection is almost absent) thus
entangling memory management issues with the GUI API and its
architecture in general.

I would love to hear some recommendations on terse and powerful
GUI libraries even if they are not cross platform. I'd seriously
consider contributing to such a project.