DWT in Google Summer of Code?

Tim Keating itsallaboutthedyo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:24:51 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 7 March 2012 at 17:13:02 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> As for SWT, I don't know what you mean by short comings. All GUI
> toolkits have them, but maybe you mean the API is not D like.

At a cursory glance? The fact that there are numerous library
classes for interfacing with files, etc. (in base) that duplicate
functionality that is in both Phobos & Tango, instead of
modifying the libraries to rely on Phobos or Tango.

The fact that the packages under base have "java" as their TLD.

The fact that the packages for the main widget library seem
hopelessly intertwingled with Eclipse.

The fact that the library has duplicate code in separate packages
per platform, rather than using a canonical D pattern for
supporting this, such as "version."

These are a few things that jumped out at me in five minutes of
browsing the git repo.

TK