How to build program with DWT2 and DMD2?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Aug 7 02:48:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-06 16:49, JohnnyK wrote:

> yeah that did not work for me either.  As you can see below it is the
> same as before.
>
> The Display.d is at
> C:\GITClones\dwt\org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86\src\org\eclipse\swt\widgets
> on my windows box.

Oh, I know what the problem is now. You need to pass the -I flags before
the hello.d file.

RDMD works like this: all flags passed before the D file will be passed
to the compiler. All flags passed after the D file will be passed to the
compiled application when it's run.

> All I know is that the snippets do compile so I am very confused as to
> why this will not.  GIT does not work directly here at work.  The
> company I work for uses a proxy server so I had to put it through a
> NTLMaps program to handle the companies proxy authentication.  So when I
> tried to use recursive that did not work because to make it work I had
> to use HTTP: instead of GIT: on the url but the sub-modules tried to use
> GIT: as the protocol in the URL.  I then cloned the sub-modules
> individually so that I could get the snippets to compile which I did and
> most of them compiled.  The only ones that did not compile are those
> looking for the Browser.d file and that use some lib called derelict
> whatever that is.
> Honestly I see GIT to be a big stumbling block for those of us that just
> want to use your wares.  If I was contributing then sure I can see where
> GIT would help but all I want to do is download a and use the library
> for now.  Anyway I appreciate your help but I may need to use some other
> widget toolkit if I can find one.  However right now the only real
> toolkit that comes close to my requirements is DWT but if I cannot get
> it to compile code outside it's development folders I don't think it
> will be of much practical use to me.

All projects on Github have a link to a zip download, for DWT it's:
https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt/archive/master.zip

I have no idea if that will include the submodules or not.

Ideally we will one day have a package manager for D making this much
easier.

--
/Jacob Carlborg