Using DWT on Linux x86_64

JohnnyK johnnykinsey at comcast.net
Sat Aug 10 06:45:40 PDT 2013

I don't need 64bit executables I just want to be able to compile
as 32bit.  Anyway here I am getting some errors when I try to
compile dwt on x86_64 Ubuntu I get  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find
-l<libnamehere> for all the dependencies.  I did install the dev
packages using the following "sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev
libglib2.0-dev libpango1.0-dev libxfixes-dev libxdamage-dev
libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxrandr-dev libxi-dev
libxinerama-dev libxtst-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgnomeui-dev"
Everything seemed to install ok.  What am I missing?  I have
installed other pachages where I had to do symlinks and such to
make ld happy would that be the same case here?  Anyway I was
able to build the base without issue but I cannot build the
snippets.