Release dwtlib v1.01

JamesD via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 27 22:32:54 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 18:53:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2017-04-27 04:52, JamesD wrote:
>
>> Yes, the dub.sdl in my dwtlib will auto select "linux" or
>> "windows" and
>> choose the dflags and lflags accordingly.
>> https://github.com/jasc2v8/dwtlib
>>
>> The base/java and core/swt modules work well. What other
>> submodules
>> would you want included?
>
> I mean that Dub doesn't work that well together with
> submodules. I'm referring to "base",
> "org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86", "org.eclipse.swt.snippets" and
> "org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86".
>
>> I just released rdub which would be a great tool for the
>> snippets.
>> https://github.com/jasc2v8/rdub
>>
>> Do you want to take a look at the structure for dwtlib, or do
>> you want
>> me to do a pull request on dwt-tools to show you what I have
>> in mind?
>
> I've already looked a bit at dwtlib. I see that you inline the
> submodules, although the snippets are missing. I'm leaning
> towards inlining the submodules as well.
>
> A pull request would be nice. For this to work I think a pull
> request for inlining the submodules should be separate from the
> rest of the changes.

I added the snippets to dwtlib v2.0.0
https://code.dlang.org/packages/dwtlib

I have Dub working well with the submodules and snippets!

The snippets will not run as-is if you clone from github.

You must fetch and build the package for the snippets to work
properly.

The readme.md has instructions to:
    dub fetch dwtlib, build the libs, then test the package
    Using rdub to run the snippets.
    (32-bit tested, 64-bit todo)

The "secret sauce" is in the top folder dub.sdl
It provides the proper dflags and lflags for either windows or
linux

If you feel this folder structure works for dwt-tools, let me
know.

After I've tested on 64-bit, then I will feel more confident to
do a pull request and you can decide if the final product works
for you.

Thank you for your collaboration!