DWT Support Docs for Windows

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 8 06:45:44 PST 2017

On 2017-02-07 22:48, JamesD wrote:
> I'm a programming hobbyist and I'm new to the D language.  I've recently
> struggled to get a GUI working on Windows. I finally made some progress,
> and have created a few docs that I hope will help others.  Constructive
> feedback is welcome.
>
> The following are on https://github.com/jasc2v8/dwt-support under \doc:
>
> 1. Why use the DWT GUI for the D Language
> 2. Config DWT GUI for Eclipse DDT on Windows
> 3. Build DWT 64 bit on Windows

That's great. A few comments:

* Since DMD 2.073.0 (I believe) Dub is included

* I don't know how the dub.json file that DDT creates looks like. But
usually with Dub you build a release build with the following command:
"dub build -b release". See "dub build -h" for more information, there
are some other build types available as well

* About the disadvantages, in my opinion, native widgets is an
advantage. I guess there are two kinds of people, those that like native
widgets and those who don't

--
/Jacob Carlborg