DWT Support Docs for Windows

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 23:44:15 PST 2017

On 2017-02-10 03:11, JamesD wrote:

> The Eclipse DDT plugin creates a shell dub.json.  My doc "Config DWT GUI
> for Eclipse DDT on Windows" shows how to edit this dub.json to reference
> the DWT imports and libraries.
>
> The Eclipse DDT plugin basically executes the "dub build -b" command.
> By default, it is the debug version.  Also by default, dub reads the
> dub.json file so the app.d can link to the DWT libraries.
>
> The user can certainly execute the commands manually or in a windows
> batch file - I'm working on another doc for that process as well.

Claiming that there are only two build targets, default and unittest, is
not correct. Perhaps it's only possible to build these two targets from DDT.

I don't think it's the right approach to hijack the "unittest" target to
build a release build. If the issue is that DDT can only build two
targets than that should: A. be fixed, B. be properly explained in your
docs and that it's possible to build the release target from the command
line.

Since DDT, I assume, is leveraging Dub to do all the dependency
tracking, configuration and building it's very simple to build in the
same way as DDT does on the command line.

--
/Jacob Carlborg