BDE 1.0 Beta 1 for Windows

Matthias Pleh matthias.pleh at gmx.at
Fri May 21 12:45:18 PDT 2010

Am 18.05.2010 16:42, schrieb Alex Makhotin:
> Hello,
>
> The Windows version is ready for beta test.
> It's unstable and tested to run on Windows 7 only.
> Any previous Windows version may work also(except document browser,
> crashes on Windows 7 beta or Windows XP).
>
> There are no new features, except some fixed bugs, comparing
> to the previously released Linux version.
>
> Should now autodetect DMD and GDB from the $PATH.
> However, debugging isn't working due to 'not in executable format'
> error from GDB on mingw on Windows.
> Fixed some of the mentioned text editor missing features(keywords,
> comments, syntax highlight).
> By the way, for now only tabs supported for indenting.
> The source autoformat tool will be released in the next beta.
>
> The download link is on the following page
> (including readme file)
> http://bitprox.com/en/download.html
>
> Please, try it.
> I would like to listen for your opinion.
> Thank you.

It works great for me. I had not problem to set up a project and
compile. I just noticed two points:
- create own folder for new projects
- use relative paths everywhere (eg. output-directory)
   this way the project doesn't break, when you relocate the project
- would be cool, if we also could include the ddbg-debugger
(http://ddbg.mainia.de/releases.html) ?

 > wxWidgets with wxD wrapper library.
does this mean, the IDE is written in D?  --> cool :)

greets
Matthias