codeblocks (x86_64) and DMD2 (32 bit)?

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:21:15 PDT 2010

Gour D. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I see that Emacs' d-mode is usable, but since we evaluate D as
> potential programming language for our upcoming GUI desktop
> application project (we hope there will be something out of QtD), I
> find C:B very nice IDE when working with a team of developers and
> would like to give it a testdrive.
>
> However, I use x86_64 Linux and suppose that with 32-bit DMD2, it
> cannot work smoothly, right?
>
> Can you point me and/or share some info what can be done with C:B &
> DMD2?

Actually, it is perfectly fine, as far as project management/building
goes. Alas, C::B's syntax highlighting/parsing is AFAIK hard-coded and
C++-oriented, so you won't get much editing sugar with it, but all the
rest (workspaces, projects, configurations, building...) will work fine
as soon as you set it up right.

What I did to make it work for me is:

1) In Settings->Compiler and debugger copied existing "Digital Mars D
Compiler" and made "... D2 Compiler" out of it.
2) Set up toolchain path and executable names
3) In Other Settings->Advanced options->Commands set up command line for
compiling/linking the way DMD accepts
4) In Other Settings->Advanced options->Others set up appropriate
compiler switches for search paths, library linking and so on.

At least on Linux, it works fine. On Windows, there may be some linker
issues as OPTLINK accepts command line that is very different from
dmd/gcc/ar.

If you can't figure it out, I can send my default.conf that has all the
settings I made to make it work (on Linux).