codeblocks (x86_64) and DMD2 (32 bit)?

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:42:34 PDT 2010

Gour D. wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 23:21:15 +0400
>
> Stanislav> Actually, it is perfectly fine, as far as project
> Stanislav> management/building goes. Alas, C::B's syntax
> Stanislav> highlighting/parsing is AFAIK hard-coded and C++-oriented,
> Stanislav> so you won't get much editing sugar with it, but all the
> Stanislav> rest (workspaces, projects, configurations, building...)
> Stanislav> will work fine as soon as you set it up right.
>
> Good.
>
> Stanislav> At least on Linux, it works fine. On Windows, there may be
> Stanislav> some linker issues as OPTLINK accepts command line that is
> Stanislav> very different from dmd/gcc/ar.
>
> I created my 32bit chroot on Archlinux and it works fine for console
> app,

I assume you've created chroot to avoid hassle of building 32bit apps on
amd64? I never bothered. It's all about compiler command line, anyway.
Though I use Debian, not Archlinux.

> but I've problem building "Hello world" from QtD
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/wiki/BuildLinux) which builds
> fine in cli.

What is, exactly, the problem? Compile errors or linker ones? If you got
proper search paths and compiler flags in C::B settings, you should be
fine. I can tell that from the command line presented on that page: C::B
would give you something similar, though it will make a two step
process, e.g. compile main.d then link the project.

And, what do you mean by cli?

> Stanislav> If you can't figure it out, I can send my default.conf that
> Stanislav> has all the settings I made to make it work (on Linux).
>
> Do you maybe use QtD as well?

No, I don't. I once gave it a try, but never had time to return to it :(