Qt Creator with D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Oct 13 13:52:10 PDT 2010

Matthias Pleh wrote:
>> I just used "dmd -X" and QJson for analyzing D, it would also need a
>> http://doc.trolltech.com/stable/qsyntaxhighlighter.html implemented.
>
> Syntaxhighlighting and code-folding is already working through the
> generichighlighter:
> http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?efbefe290f.png

Cool, don't think that was available in Qt 4.6 and Qt Creator 1.3...

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/09/16/generic-highlighter-in-qt-creator/

But for Qt 4.7 it could be an option, if sufficiently advanced for D2 ?

There is also http://srchiliteqt.sourceforge.net/ available under GPL.

>> http://gitorious.org/qt-creator
>> http://gitorious.org/qjson
>> If someone is interested in continuing this, then please contact me...
>
> I've also worked on a plugin with D-projectmanagment for Qt-Creator ,
> but I've halted the work, cause lack of time.
> But I would be interrested, to share my work or help on an existing
> project.

You should push it to gitorious.org, like I will do with my own hacks.

I don't have the time to do it, so someone will need to pick it up...

> Are you still working on this D-support in Qt-Creator?

I just wanted to get it all started, as an alternative for using QtD.

Don't think I will look at it again until DMD (or better yet GDC/LDC)
supports 64-bit and D2, to avoiding needing a 32-bit chroot for it...

Otherwise I could be just as well be using wxWidgets and Code::Blocks.

I'm sure that neither will be "enough", since they are written in C++,
but should fill the gaping hole for now... D *needs* a GUI and an IDE.

--anders