Qt Creator with D

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Fri Oct 15 07:17:10 PDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:10:50 +0200
>>>>>> "Anders" == Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:

Anders> Code::Blocks support is working for the old D language,
Anders> but that is not what is in TDPL book - as it's all D2.

Ahh...thanks.

Anders> There's support for D2 in wxD CVS and in Code::Blocks
Anders> sandbox, but as there is no upstream support for them -
Anders> it makes more "sense" for Code::Blocks to support the
Anders> Free Software GDC compiler and the released wxWidgets.

Well, we are looking for IDE with good Qt support.

Anders> Or at least it did when D 1.0 was released back in 2007.
Anders> If starting over for D 2.0 in 2011, QtD might be better ?

I'm still doubtful that QtD might get decent support in C:B.

Even Qt C++ support is lacking, afaict.

Anders> It should make for a better *QtD* environment, at least...
Anders> Since it has integration with Qt Assistant and Qt Designer.

Right...and we want that.

Anders> I don't think using a C++ library and C++ editor is a problem,
Anders> any more than it's a problem with using a C++ compiler for D ?

Today one guy from Qt (andre) showed me about out-of-the-box 'support'
for D: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9484/86764766.png

I've also found the following blog post:

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/09/16/generic-highlighter-in-qt-creator/

It looks as inspiring start for (Qt)D programming.

Anders> "D.dev" is not open source, either*.

Ohh, another reason not to count on it.

Anders> I said I would push those patches, but not upstream no.

You think they wouldn't be accepted?

Anders> To http://gitorious.org/~afb (qmake and qtcreator hacks).

OK.

Anders> Real work is making the syntax highlighter work for D code,
Anders> either by reusing an existing component or writing a new one,
Anders> and make the editor work for D code as good as for C++ now:

See then the above link about syntax high. via Kate's syntax files in
2.1 trunk of QtC.

Anders> All of that is still left as an exercise for the D2 reader.
Anders> I am *not* going to be working on it, as I'm not using it...

You're not using any GUI with D or using Codeblocks or ..?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA