Qt Creator with D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Oct 15 07:44:49 PDT 2010

Gour D. wrote:
> Anders> Or at least it did when D 1.0 was released back in 2007.
> Anders> If starting over for D 2.0 in 2011, QtD might be better ?
>
> I'm still doubtful that QtD might get decent support in C:B.
>
> Even Qt C++ support is lacking, afaict.

Wouldn't surprise me. The wxWidgets support is better, but that
uses GTK+ not Qt. (at least until wxQt has been released, that is)

> Today one guy from Qt (andre) showed me about out-of-the-box 'support'
> for D: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9484/86764766.png
>
> I've also found the following blog post:
>
> http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/09/16/generic-highlighter-in-qt-creator/
>
> It looks as inspiring start for (Qt)D programming.

Right, that would be just such an implementation of QSyntaxHighlighter.

> Anders> I said I would push those patches, but not upstream no.
>
> You think they wouldn't be accepted?

You asked what is in Qt Creator at the moment, and I don't think that
anything specific to D had been added so far (except the "generic") ?

> Anders> All of that is still left as an exercise for the D2 reader.
> Anders> I am *not* going to be working on it, as I'm not using it...
>
> You're not using any GUI with D or using Codeblocks or ..?

I'm not using D... Might try again, once D2 is available for 64-bit.

I just wanted something that was better than C and faster than Java,
not something that was better than C++. So I'll go with Objective-C.

Most of the time it will be Python, though. With some bits of C added.

--anders