Status/future of the DDT project?

Samuel Lampa samuel.lampa at scilifelab.uu.se
Wed Aug 3 09:54:02 PDT 2011

On 08/03/2011 06:35 PM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> On 01/08/2011 12:39, Samuel Lampa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking into using D for some sysadmin tools I need to develop att
>> UPPMAX, and thus is looking for a good IDE for use on Linux, that
>> supports debugging (step/go-into etc) debugging and code completion.
>>
>> I found out about the DDT project, after seeing that Descent is dead
>> [1], and just wanted to hear what is the current status for the project
>> (etc for the very technical status, I can try to figure out myself), is
>> it going to be actively maintained in the foreseeable future etc?
>>

> At the moment it is just me working on DDT in any significant way
> (although Gyula Gubacsi aka progician has submitted some code). But I
> do plan and expect to work on it at least until the 1.0 milestone,
> which I consider to be a highly stable and usable state: Concretely,
> this means having debugger support, and updating/reimplementing the
> parser so that it is stable, recognizes the newer D2 language
> features, and is easy to modify (see
> http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/issues/list?can=2&q=parser
> )
>
> I really can't quite say how long it will take until this point is
> reached.

Ok, big thanks for the update! Very much looking forward to that :)
(happened to mention my hopes for DDT in threads such as [1]).

Also, though I don't know if my little bit of Eclipse RCP experience
(from developing Bioclipse plugins) will really be enough for any more
demanding stuff, I hope to find time for at least some
testing/submitting bugs.

// Samuel

[1]
http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/10785/what-bioinformatics-software-is-there-written-in-d/10793#10793