Visual D 0.3.26 released

Mr. Anonymous mailnew4ster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 04:27:00 PST 2011

On 26.12.2011 11:05, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24.12.2011 20:19, Mr. Anonymous wrote:
>> Thanks for your work!
>>
>> A small thing:
>> When debugging/running a console app using C++, the console window does
>> not automatically close, but shows a text like "press any key to exit.."
>
> I have never seen something like that in Visual Studio for C++ projects.
> Is it happening for Managed-C++? Is there an option to
> activate/deactivate that behaviour?
>
> I just tried it with C# and Managed C++ console projects in VS11, and
> they close the console window immediately.
>
>> When using D, it's quite annoying when I want to test a snippet and the
>> console exits, I have to write readf(); or similar to keep it open.

My experience is with VS10 and non-managed C++.

Steps to reproduce:
* Create a new "Visual C++: Win32 Console Application" project.
* Create the project with default settings.
* You'll get an empty _tmain() function, add printf("test\n"); above
return 0;
* Press Ctrl+F5 to run it.
* Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/VuhHJ.png