DDT 0.4.2 released

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri May 6 05:52:28 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-06 13:52, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> On 04/05/2011 07:55, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2011-04-29 18:55, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>> DDT 0.4.2 has been released.
>>>
>>> Software Update Site:
>>> http://ddt.eclipselabs.org.codespot.com/hg.updates/
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>>
>>> == DDT 0.4.2 (2011-04-29) ==
>>> * Fixed #33, bug with spaces in projects names: made all variables in
>>> DMD response file resolve to quote escaped values.
>>> * Fixed bug where all D comments where considered DDoc comments for
>>> documentation hover.
>>> * Fixed limitation where problem hovers where not more prioritary than
>>> documentation hovers.
>>> * Fixed #37: F2 always brings up empty documentation hover.
>>> * Fixed #38: autocomplete crashing / very slow. (Content Assist takes
>>> very long to show up when many completion options are available)
>>> * Added support for editor code templates in Content Assist.
>>> * Fixed bug in cast expression, where the cast type reference was
>>> ignored by the parser/semantic-engine;
>>> * Fixed bug where DDoc comments where not associated with the
>>> corresponding symbol definition if that definition had protection,
>>> storage, linkage, or certain other kinds of attributes;
>>> * Implemented #35: format immutable keyword and @annotations.
>>> * Added (nothrow, pure, shared, immutable) keywords to syntax coloring
>>> * Added @annotations to syntax coloring (spaces after @ not supported,
>>> any identifier accepted)
>>> * Changed syntax coloring example in preferences
>>> * Fixed minor Content Assist bug where completions would not appear when
>>> requested on certain syntax errors.
>>>

>>> Also I've chosen to move the DDT discussion forum from the DSource
>>> forums to a Google Groups:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ddt-ide
>>
>> BTW, is there a page, or similar, that compare DDT and Descent? Or if
>> you could do a quick listing of the differences.
>>

> There a few major differences (features implemented in one IDE, but not
> the other), and many minor/finer-grained differences (same overall
> feature but with different quality, stability, etc.) which actually do
> add up.
>
> You can look at the features page for both:
> http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/wiki/Features
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent
>
> although it may not give a complete picture, especially with regards to
> the minor details. From what I can see and remember, the differences are
> something like this:
>
> Descent has:
> * debugger integration (ddbg and GDC)
> * in-editor, as-you-type, semantic error reporting (DDT reports syntax
> errors only)
> * formatter (seems to work quite well)
> * type hierarchy
> * Some compile-time function evaluation/debugging (seems a bit brittle
> though)
> * TODO/FIXME/XXX tasks tags. (this should be coming soon to DDT)
>
> DDT has:
> [...]

Ok, thanks for the list. I was wondering if it's time to try DDT instead
of Descent. I've basically given up on Descent, too slow and buggy.
Content assist is very nice but isn't not worth it if it takes 5-10
seconds to complete, and that is when eclipse doesn't freeze completely.

--
/Jacob Carlborg