D Development Tools 0.7.0 Preview Release

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Jul 9 08:58:04 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 13:29:35 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 09:17, eles wrote:
>> On Friday, 5 July 2013 at 20:38:28 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
> Why shouldn't it be there? The standard lib is divided in two
> parts, the runtime and Phobos.

I agree, I was expecting:

/usr/include/dmd/druntime

instead of:

/usr/include/dmd/druntime/import

just like the phobos has this path:

/usr/include/dmd/phobos

and not this one:

/usr/include/dmd/phobos/import

> There has to be an object.di installed somewhere in the system
> (as well as the other standard library header files). It could
> be in a zip or some other binary format though (hopefully not).

For the time being, it seems that gdc works without (knowing
about) it...

> The build file stuff is unrelated to the library locations
> detection. But yeah, seems the -v2 switch is outdated now, I'll
> remove it from default response file.

Yes, but both the layout (locations) of the files and the
compiler version do. I think newer compiler versions are simply
not aware about a "v1" of D.

Thank you very much.