VS 2012 & Visual-D : tuto for installing (incompatible) extensions

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Thu May 9 12:07:05 PDT 2013

Thanks for the interesting hint. Any extension that you would especially
recommend?

I also have a hint for VS 2012 users of Visual D (not limited to the
shell): the watch and auto windows don't work too well with the default
debug engine of VS 2012. If you go to Tools->Options->Debugging->Edit
and Continue and enable "native Edit and Continue", VS will switch to
the "old" debug engine that works a lot better. It will also enable the
visualizer macros for the debugger that come with Visual D. These allow
two watch strings and arrays more conveniently.

Rainer