A few issues in VSD

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 00:02:30 PST 2013

On 19.11.2013 01:13, froglegs wrote:
>   I was just playing with Visual D, it has auto completion when I type
> now(after I turned it on) Nice job Rainer!!
>
> Anyway aside from what the OP mentioned I noticed these-- How difficult
> do you think it is to add any of these? I'd be willing to give it a shot
> if it isn't super difficult/time consuming.
>
> 1. Not sure how to change the coloring it is applying to "string" etc,
> but on my screen the dark blue is almost invisible against my black
> background. Instead of having specific types that have this blue
> applied, I'd like to be able to specify exactly how
> identifiers/classes/functions/member functions/variables/member
> variables/numbers/strings(and many more options) are to be colored, just
> as Visual Assist allows.

That needs quite extensive semantic analysis, so it might reduce the
performance of the syntax highlighting. But maybe the approach I also
see with Visual Assist might work: use standard colors at the beginning,
and recolorize only when the analysis is complete.

> 2. I'd like to see tooltips that display the comment associated with a
> given object/variable. ie
>
> //hello?
> class blah{
> }
>
> Hovering over blah or any instances of blah does not show the comment--

When having Alexander Bothe's engine enabled, this should work for Ddoc
comments (use /// for simple comments).

> 3. Hovering over an auto variable doesn't show the actual type. So this,
>    auto IAmFloat = 5.2f;
>
>   Hovering over IAmFloat should indicate that this is a float type(as it
> does in C++).

That information should be available, I guess it's just an oversight
that it isn't displayed.

> 4. Refactoring: rename, encapsulate into function

That needs full trust in the semantic analysis...