Using libraries in VisualD

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:44:28 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 16:33:21 UTC, Zaggy1024 wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 15:33:59 UTC, evilrat wrote:

>>> I guess I should just show you how I have it set up right
>>> now...
>>>
>>> Compiler config:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/laRKpZM.png
>>>
>>> Linker config:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/CBdzNCO.png
>>>
>>> If I'm correct, it should be finding the .lib files from
>>> C:/DSFML/prebuilt, and the source in /src. Am I doing
>>> something wrong?
>>
>> you forgot to link libs :)
>> add necessary .lib file names to "library files" field, in
>> this case it should be something like "dsfml.lib" or whatever,
>> there may be also multiple libs.
>>
>> p.s. you don't do any C/C++ ever, right? :)
>
> All right, I put the filenames for the library files in that
> field, with spaces separating them:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/kWBVUmp.png
>
> I'm still getting the same error as before. :\
>
> In answer to your question, no, I don't do C++ programming, but
> I've learned Java and various other OO programming languages,
> and I wanted to try starting a project in a language that
> compiles to native code, and D seemed like a good option.

you can actualy leave library search path as C:/DSFML/prebuilt
and add library names "dsmfl-audio.lib" and other.

but this error(something about module info) may be due different
compiler versions(e.g. prebuild libs was built with dmd 2.064,
and ur dmd is 2.065)(1),  so you better rebuild that dsfml and
try again.

btw i recommend use dub[1] if you don't already. it is easy to
maintain any changes with it, dub can generate VisualD projects,
and mono-d could open dub packages directly.

(1) module info changes almost every releas
[1] http://code.dlang.org/download