Using libraries in VisualD

Zaggy1024 Zaggy1024 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:33:20 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 15:33:59 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 14:40:49 UTC, Zaggy1024 wrote:
>> On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 03:41:21 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>>>
>>> sorry for such obvious comment. i must say that library files
>>> is full path or just filename.lib, and library search path is
>>> where .lib's can be found. and keep in mind that most(if not
>>> all) project options are delimited with spacebars only, not
>>> semicolon.
>>>
>>> so if you have such paths like
>>> "C:\Some Location\lib;D:\other\lib"
>>> you shold try to split them like this
>>> "C:\Some Location\lib" D:\other\lib
>>
>> I guess I should just show you how I have it set up right
>> now...
>>
>> Compiler config:
>> http://i.imgur.com/laRKpZM.png
>>
>> Linker config:
>> http://i.imgur.com/CBdzNCO.png
>>
>> If I'm correct, it should be finding the .lib files from
>> C:/DSFML/prebuilt, and the source in /src. Am I doing
>> something wrong?
>
> you forgot to link libs :)
> add necessary .lib file names to "library files" field, in this
> case it should be something like "dsfml.lib" or whatever, there
> may be also multiple libs.
>
> p.s. you don't do any C/C++ ever, right? :)

All right, I put the filenames for the library files in that
field, with spaces separating them:

http://i.imgur.com/kWBVUmp.png

I'm still getting the same error as before. :\

In answer to your question, no, I don't do C++ programming, but
I've learned Java and various other OO programming languages, and
I wanted to try starting a project in a language that compiles to
native code, and D seemed like a good option.