Best IDE

Zekereth via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 2 13:45:59 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 07:44:12 UTC, Daniel Kozák wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 00:20:11 +0000
> "Brandon Ragland" <brags at callmemaybe.com> wrote:
>
>> Just curious who thinks what IDE is best?
>>
>> I don't think any IDE is perfect, and I've been using Eclipse
>> with DDT and have been having a good time with it. However I
>> don't particularly like Eclipse much, and was wondering what
>> others though?
>>
>> I don't use Windows myself so I couldn't use VisualD or
>> anything like that or try it out.
>>
>> -Brandon
>
> I really like Jetbrains products (IntellijIDEA, Phpstorm, CLion
> ...),
> unfortunatly there is no full support for D in any of them :(.
>
> So I use DDT and MonoD, however I am not big fan of eclipse and
> MonoDevelop neither.

I was really hopeful about an IntellijIDEA plugin
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage but then he updated the
readme with "PLEASE NOTE - This project is not being actively
maintained at the moment - I am taking a break - not sure when I
will return."

There are also two other attempts that are also abandoned.