DlangIDE

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 22:07:14 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 22:16:19 UTC, Ettienne Gilbert
wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 20:14:21 UTC, BBasile wrote:
>>
>> What's goin'on is that I've demonstrated that Vadim doesn't
>> use its own software.
>> The basic idea is that you can't use DCD at the "plugin-level"
>> without finding any bug at all. In front of this idea, Vadim
>> has never reported any DCD bug. So I strongly susptec him to
>> be an hypocrit.
>>
>> :)
>
> You know, your language is really a bit too strong!
>
> Even if you are right (I don't actually know) and even it would
> be _much preferable_ if Vadim would use his own IDE, and even
> if it would be nice if he would report any DCD bugs he finds,
> why the name-calling?
>
> A hypocrite: "...a person whose actions belie stated beliefs".
>
> Did he actually state anywhere he uses his IDE for his normal
> coding every day? I cannot find any posting to that effect - so
> are you not jumping to conclusions here? DlangIDE may well just
> still be a work-in-progress for him as well. Maybe he has not
> fully figured out if the DCD problems were on his side or on
> DCD's. Maybe he has a list of DCD issues he will report in due
> time. Maybe he had personal reasons that kept him away from
> DLangIDE for awhile...  Why does it matter so much to you that
> you have to resort to this sort of name-calling?
>
> In addition he has also contributed a GUI library (which is
> more than I can claim!), so I think he deserves to be treated
> as a valuable member of this community, not insulted!
>
> Ettienne

Actually, development of DlangIDE is real life usage of DlangUI
library.
It requires adding of new features into GUI library, helps to
find/fix bugs, etc.

I don't assume any IDE with missing debugging support as suitable
for development.
So I'm not as a masochist as needed to use such tool.
Code completion and reference lookup is great but is not used
unless IDE is used for development.

Now DlangIDE is more a demo of DlangUI features.