Visual D wierdness

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 6 23:42:36 PDT 2015

On 06.09.2015 19:47, Prudence wrote:
> When creating a module that is in a folder. VD does not use the folder name.
>
> e.g., suppose you have the folder layout X\Y\Z
>
> and add to it a file called q.d. When The file is open one has "module
> q;" instead of "module x.y.z.q;". The latter would be the preferred
> choice I suppose since I'm sure most people keep the module names
> consistent with their location(to avoid all kinds of problems). (this
> generally means if you are working on a large project there are many
> renamings that have to be done)

That's what it's trying to do when it generates those additional '.' in
"module .subfolder.dmodule;". Actually, Visual D tries to guess the
package name from existing files in the same project folder, as well as
looking in child and parent folders if its the first D file in the
folder. It seems it doesn't do that if the package name in the root
folder is empty.