Visual D Building problems

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 31 13:46:36 PDT 2016

On 31.07.2016 02:10, Rufus Smith wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 07:18:40 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 21.07.2016 22:45, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>> I was thinking of setting up an AppVeyor job to verify and showcase the
>>> build of Visual D, but didn't get to it yet. Not sure if it's possible
>>> to install all requirements, but seems like it could help
>>> contributions...
>>
>> There is now an AppVeyor build here for the full installer:
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald. Most of the work
>> needed was to setup and build the external projects.
>>
>> It is currently testing my master branch (not dlang) but I'll change
>> that later. Only the VS2013 build passes ATM (using the Win8.1 SDK),
>> because AppVeyors' trial license for VS2015 has expired :-/
>
> Thanks for putting the time in to this! Is it as easy to test VS2015 as
> VS2013 or is there a lot of work involved? I see you did some VS2015
> work, did they update their license or is VS2015 dead in the water on
> AppVeyor?

They fixed the VS2015 license and I fixed the Visual D build. The newest
Win10 SDK actually included some changes that made adoption of the
conversion process necessary.

The latest build is successful for both Visual Studio versions. The most
interesting parts should be the nmake builds for targets "prerequisites"
and "visuald_vs".

A Visual D installation currently consists of about 10 different
binaries. I hope I'll find some time soon to update the documentation
with some details about this, so it's easier to find the project that
you are interested in.