Best IDE

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 08:31:07 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 at 12:31:57 UTC, SC wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 June 2016 at 21:46:18 UTC, AbstractGuy wrote:
>> On Friday, 3 June 2016 at 18:29:37 UTC, SC wrote:
>>> There are none
>>>
>>> Every plugin/IDE for D are in pre-alpha state
>>
>> No, they're not. Maybe you're misleaded by the fact that most
>> of them use semantic versioning.
[...]
It is difficult to make the right decision, the page:

https://wiki.dlang.org/IDEs is not updated automatically, so for
example:

>Dlang IDE 	Cross platform (Dlang UI) 	IDE itself is written in D
>and can be installed by cloning from github and running dub.
>It has DUB support, code completion, debugging support with GDB
> 0.5.23 	2015-12-29

Now is at: 0.6.10 (2016-Jun-06)

It would be very useful, having more up to date information,
what is the best IDE for getting started.

In the moment I am using good old emacs only missing a jade
(diet-template editor mode....)

It would be very cool to have D starter packages for all major
OS, which offer the different compilers, IDE and direct access to
interesting code examples from a learning D-tour or "the" D books.