Intellisense madness

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 5 02:45:28 PST 2017

On 31.01.2017 07:27, Profile Anaysis wrote:

>>> Well, if the names are alphabetically listed, which it looks as if it
>>> is, then by using the characters(like z, or _, or ___, or whatever) to
>>> prepend the names will put them at the end of the list. This will move
>>> the "junk"(whatever you decide that to be, such as ufcs's) to the end of
>>> the list.
>>
>> Visual D has full control over the order, so no workarounds needed for
>> that. I added an option to sort by type (default on).
>>
>> You can grab a preview build here:
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/1.0.101/job/kgw7q005oqw4m5nf/artifacts
>>

> Cool, that is much better! Makes it useful to me now!
>
> One more simple request! ;)

I've made a couple improvements:

- new option to disable exact start match (searches case insensitive sub
string)
- free functions show different icon than member functions
- aliases show other icon than variables
- without any match, still keep the completion box open to update when
deleting the last character
- new sorting mode "by declaration", effectively sorting by scope as
discovered by the semantic engine.

The last item more or less does what you requested for classes, though
it doesn't sort the variables or functions per scope. It also prefers
function local variables over class members or globals.

A preview build is available here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/fmr6vf36vny6gbum/artifacts