Why lack of good IDE doesn't peek your attention

SC via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 7 07:48:43 PST 2017

Hello

I'm a long time lurker, i always wanted to learn a system
language ( i'm currently using Java/Kotlin/C# )

But the problem i got with D is the lack of IDE, when you program
in Java or C# everyday, you understand why good IDE support is
essential to be productive, and to learn new things thanks to IDE
features such as inspections

Even Rust have great IDE support with IntelliJ, same for Haskell,
same for Go

I see people creating their own ide, or rely on code editors like
vs code / atom / sublime

I find this really counter productive, not because they are bad
or uncomplete, because people don't want to use other tools, for
some people they use one IDE for all their projects (IntelliJ
suite cover all rube/pyton/html/js/c#/java/go/c/c++)

Guys, it's time to focus on IDE support, it's even in the road
map of rust https://blog.rust-lang.org/2017/02/06/roadmap.html

Good IDE support that everyone use (IntelliJ or VS, IntelliJ
would be best candidate since it's crossplatform, that's why Rust
and Go choosed it) will be a huge boost for the language adoption
IMO

I'm currently learning Rust, and having a great intellij plugin
helped me a lot to learn it, and i feel comfortable with it, but
i'm dropping it because i don't like the language syntax

So guys i hope you'll think about this and put all effort in one
IDE to make sure newbies can get their hand on D easily

It's hard for me to explain since my english is really bad

Thanks